New Menu Items
The Cheesecake Factory has been rolling out new items to their ever expanding menu. Last week I was invited to a taste their newest offerings. Two words, absolutely delicious! Check out the new menu items and plan your next visit.
New Menu Items
Cocktails: Cucumber Mojito, Blood Orange Martini, Irish Coffee Manhattan and Espresso Martini.
Small Plates & Snacks: Korean Fried Cauliflower, “Nashville Hot” Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Taquitos and Truffle-Bacon Grilled Cheese Sticks.
Salads: Chicken, Mango and Avocado Salad. (My favorite. It is amazing!)
Skinnylicious: Skinnylicious Chicken Pot Pie.
Specialties: Truffle-Honey Chicken, Crispy Pineapple Chicken and Shrimp, Seared Ahi Tuna, Carne Asada Steak Medallions, Pasta Napoletana, Chicken Riesling and Chicken Parmesan “Pizza Style.”
If you want to make my favorite dish at home, you’re in luck. Below is the recipe. PS: this salad is big and can easily serve 2. Enjoy!
Chicken, Mango and Avocado Salad
1 3 oz. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
1/8 tsp. Kosher Salt
Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
1-1/2 tsp. Teriyaki Sauce*
2 oz. Romaine Lettuce, cut into 1” pieces
2 oz. Butter Lettuce, cut into 1” pieces
1 oz. Mixed Baby Lettuce
1/2 oz. Green Cabbage, sliced thin 1/8”
2 oz. Fresh Pineapple, cut into 1/2″ pieces
1 oz. Fried Wonton Strips (optional)
1 oz. Carrots, julienned
1 oz. Red Peppers, julienned
1 oz. Cucumber, partially peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeded, sliced thin 1/8”
1-1/2 oz. Asian Sesame-Ginger Dressing*
1/2 oz. Balsamic Vinaigrette*
3/4 tsp. Honey
3/4 tsp. Orange Juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 ea. Avocado, medium, cut into 1/2” pieces
2 oz. Mango, peeled, seed removed, cut into 1/2” pieces
1 oz. Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 oz. Almonds Slivers, toasted
1/2 oz. Fried Wonton Strips (optional)
3/4 tsp. Mint, sliced thin 1/8”
1/4 tsp. Black/White Sesame Seeds, toasted
1. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
2. Cook the chicken (grill or sauté) until done, basting several times with teriyaki sauce.
3. Pour the Asian Sesame-Ginger Dressing, Balsamic Vinaigrette, honey and orange juice into a small mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients together until thoroughly and evenly combined.
4. Place the lettuces, green cabbage, pineapple, fried wontons (optional), carrots, red pepper, cucumbers and mango into another mixing bowl.
5. Pour the dressing over and around the salad ingredients and gently toss together.
6. Place the salad mix evenly into a cold bowl, mounding it as high as possible.
7. Sprinkle the avocado and mango pieces all over the salad.
8. Place the grape tomatoes around the base of the salad. Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the salad.
9. Slice the chicken breast into three pieces and onto the lower portion of the salad.
10. Mound the fried wontons (optional) onto the center of the salad.
11. Sprinkle the sliced mint evenly over the salad.
12. Sprinkle the sesame seeds evenly over the salad.
*Your favorite recipe or any one of the many recipes in cookbooks or on the internet may be used. Excellent sauces and dressings of this type are also available in most major supermarkets and specialty stores.